Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Querido Tommy


Hello Everyone!!
I just joined Hispano Bloggers. I was asked to listen and watch a video by Tommy Torres called "Querido Tommy". To be honest I was slightly reluctant, just because my Spanish isn’t that great and I was worried I would not understand all the words. After some thought, I decided I'd listen to the song. 
My husband is driving while I am sitting in the passenger seat. I plug in my auxiliary cord into my iPhone and the sweet sounds of Tommy Torres come pouring out of my car speakers. I'm listening and watching the video. I LOVE the video. For some of us who are still practicing and learning Spanish. This video is for Us. I love how the words just float through out the entire production. I like listening to Tejano music, my fave is Selena, but I don't listen to much Spanish Pop music. I think Tommy Torres has changed my mind about Spanish Pop. I typically don't listen to it because I struggle trying to keep up with the lyrics, but this song just flows. 
The video is so sweet. The words are flowing over various items, from a room to outside. Every lyric is up for display which is amazing for us who are still working on our Spanish skills. 
As I was listening to Tommy's Sweet voice, I turned to my husband and asked... "Honey this reminds me of a band." Soon after "Meet Virginia" by Train begins to play. I thought BAM thats it!! Tommy Torres's voice and music reminds me of Train. I LOVE TRAIN!!
I STRONGLY recommend checking out Tommy's new song Querido Tommy. It may strike a cord with you and will definitely be a song I will be adding to my iPhone shuffle list.
Congrats Tommy Torres on another GREAT Song!! I hope this will win you your next Grammy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment